People always ask me:
“How can I be a better singer?”
THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE.
It’s not so much about technique (though it matters).
It’s not so much about which coach you have (though it matters).
It’s not about other people thinking you’re a great singer (though it helps you believe it).
TO BECOME A BETTER SINGER:
1. Observe: How do you sound now? How do you wish to sound?
2. Practice: Based on your observations what needs improvement? Practice improving.
3. Allow: Your improvement to come gradually, and not all at once. This is possible when you let go of expectation and self-pressure. And remember, very small improvement is actually a big deal!
4. Believe in yourself: Because without that, what are you practicing for?
5. Study: With a voice teacher or coach. If it is a good match, you will notice yourself getting better. If it isn’t a good match, find another voice coach.
6. Practice: What you’ve studied.
7. Perform: In front of people. The voice is ever growing and changing. It can always be improved no matter how good you – or other people – think you are, and some of the best practice and feedback comes from performance. The sweet reward?
One good moment on stage is worth all the work in the world.
And hopefully you’ve enjoyed some of the work.
Remember, whether it’s Karaoke, an open-mic, or a planned show, you’re sharing YOUR VOICE with the world. You will inspire many people who are afraid to do just that. The more you share your voice in every aspect of life, the more self-expressed you’ll feel, and the more you’ll encourage your friends and family to step up and do the same.
So, are you willing to put in the simple and straightforward time and energy to become a better singer?
ARE YOU WILLING TO DO IT WITHOUT SO MUCH SELF-JUDGMENT, AND BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT?
Leave a comment and tell me what you think + pass this onto those you feel will benefit.